The Unusual Suspects of Cricket World Cup 2015
In my last post I discussed the possible winners of the World Cup 2015. Now I try to predict the possible high impact players of this world cup. I think most of cricket fans have an idea about the star players who would make an strong impact in this world cup, i.e., likes of AB de-Villiers, Virat Kohli, Hashim Amla, Steven Smith, Kane Williamson, David Warner etc. But I like to guess those who are not in the radar, but will have real impact in this time. Here is my list of The Unusual Suspects:
- George Bailey: Nice and Gritty Bailey, though captaining Australia, still uncertain of his place in the team. I expect him to do a lot better than the most of Aussie players.
- JP Duminy: JP is really low key in South Africa team is really good player. He will be the man who will have high impact in both bat and bowl departments.
- David Miller: Even though SA top order looks solid, David Miller will become savior when top order batsman fall cheaply.
- Shehzad Ahmad: Pakistanis always bring new faces, so its tough to predict names. But from what I have seen little of Shehzad, I expect him to shine this time around.
- Suresh Raina: He made to this list because I am big fan of him. I really believe he is better player than the statistics on his back. If he tries to play little cautiously and maintain slow pace than he is capable of he would surprise many this time.
- Mitchel Starc: Even though Mitchel Johnson is lead bowler I expect Starc to be most wicket taker for Australia. I predict because Starc looked very passionate to perform.
- Guptil: He is good player than his recent form says.
- Andre Russels: He is just better player in the WI cricket team. Since he bats in the lower order, so far he hasn’t been able to make much impact but I expect him to do well in this world cup.
I am not much familiar with the Associate members’ teams of ICC. So I couldn’t list their names. If you have any name that should be in this list please inform me in the comments.
On a final note is, to my own surprise, no English player made into my list. I searched through the English team, but nobody sparked to my eye. Hopefully English players will prove me wrong at the end of the world cup.